ESRI and Socrata constantly change their REST Service API without notice ! Without fix it can severely damage transparentgov.net availability and performance. Recently ESRI update 3D scene layer REST API on all organization's arcgis Server upgrade package. ESRI's upgrade package has unfixed bugs, this bug cause transparentgove.net outage. All search layer page failure. I had fixed this issue for now. But in future I hope you and any one can help report the issue, so I can fix the bug.
Map Engine in transparentgov.net supposed to work with all organization's arcgis online portal, arcgis server. However, different organization may set up their arcgis server differently and with different projection. Map engine can automatically re-project from ( for example NAD83 state plane ) to WGS84 (EPSG:4326) and pseudo-Mercator (EPSG:3857). REST api on arcgis server can be config differently. Some organization disabled CORS, but enabled JSONP, Some organization disabled both. Some organization enabled both. You don't know until you hit their REST api end point. That is why 3 google map icon provided, one for CORS, one for JSONP, one for Proxy. If arcgis server's admin disabled both CORS and JSONP, at least Proxy still works. Transparentgov.net support over 10,000 arcgis online portal and arcgis server, if some organization's arcgis server failed,
You can report bug issue at create a new issue at github.com
Simple is beauty
All Data are Location Based
- Map engine now support .kml file and .shp shape file along with .geojson
- Map engine now support arcgis rest api, socrata SODA api and many many vendor specialized api running on Oracle, SQLserver, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgre, SQLite.
- Map engine (designed for bulk load) can handle unlimit size of dataset. Now your device(pc/tablet/mobile) memory capacity is your limit. The larger RAM memory you have, the larger dataset you can see. One million parcels can cause a 2GB memory PC browser not responsive.
- How can I view one million parcels on 2GB memory PC? Just use the map engine (designed for progressive loading). Capacity limit, performance, speed rely on remote server ( arcgis, socrata etc.) , not your device CPU RAM.
- Map engine (designed for bulk load) can load .geojson file, shape file (.shp), zipped shape file (.zip), .kml file, zipped kml file (.kmz) etc directly. eliminate the need for arcgis server and socrata server, lower the bar of gis data distribution. You can share your shape file,geojson, kml file to the world by simple copy past to any cloud drive ( OneDrive, DropBox, GoogleDrive, Box.com, Amazon Cloud Drive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Drive etc...). Then copy your shape file/geojson/kml URL on dropbox or box.com, use geojson viewer, shape file (.shp) viewer, .kml .kmz viewer generated a permanent url link. You can bookmark this permanent url link or share with your audience. With this permanent url link, the world can see your gis data on googleMaps, bingMaps, hereMap, openlayers, leaflet, appleMaps as of users choice.
- GIS data distribution was simplified from previous expensive complex arcgis server/socrata server to a simple, zero cost, free cloud file distribution. Complex spatial query/indexing in terms of browsing map data and keyword searching was moved from previous remote server (arcgis server/socrata server) to our bulk load map engine. Now any one can upload shape file/geojson/kml to any cloud drive vendor and generate permanent viewer url link, share with the world at zero cost!
- Spatial indexing powered by RTree . Now 1 million parcels will NOT freeze your browser. Before this improvement, any dataset with more than 5000 records will freeze your browser, make your browser not responsive even crash.